This position is to start no later than Jan 1, 2023. Applications are accepted for review immediately. (download job description)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the development and promotion of the music program, which will support the main goals of the church to create a God-centered, multi-generational, and outwardly focused worship service.
The Music Director will serve as primary administrator of the music ministry, responsible for re-creating, leading, planning, organizing, and conducting a comprehensive music ministry. In this position, the Music Director will:
- Coordinate, develop, and lead traditional and contemporary music in a blended music program that will be meaningful, engaging, and transformational.
- Develop a music program that will support the multi-generational goals of the church, including children’s music.
- Provide direction, oversight, and coordination of all musical, artistic, and technical elements of worship services.
- Facilitate the musical support of Fresh Expressions and other community-focused missions.
This is an exempt, part-time position with an estimated total weekly commitment of 25-30 hours and will require weekly office hours.
KEY LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide detailed and timely advance planning, organization, and coordination, and communication of all facets of the weekly music program for the worship service for the Pastor and the Digital Media Team.
- Rehearses and directs choirs, ensembles, and instrumentalists.
- Utilizing both internal and external sources, recruit, mentor, encourage, motivate, and manage singers, instrumentalists, and other worship musicians, to build, and grow the music ministry of the church.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in preparation, teaching, musicianship, and performance.
- Coordinate and recruit special music performers to perform special music at specific times of the year, including when the worship band or choir is not performing.
- Be the spiritual leader of the music teams, encouraging them to grow in their Christian faith and making sure that every interaction is an opportunity for discipleship. Encourage the development of their spiritual, musical, artistic, and technical gifts.
KEY QUALITIES / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Excellent vocal and instrumental skills, especially on piano or keyboard.
- Skills in choir, worship band, instrumental conducting, voice development, and worship planning in coordination with the pastor.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to effectively relate and collaborate with a diverse group of people such as pastoral staff, musicians, the Digital Media team, church leaders and members.
- Ability to work with, and across multiple musical styles and genres.
- Ability to recruit and organize music ministry participants.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to actively engage the congregation during worship through music.
- Ability to challenge and to inspire those who serve in the music ministry.
- Ability to create innovative programming that will honor well-established music traditions, while taking the program to the next level.
Have any questions about the position? Ready to submit your resume? Enter your details below (and upload your resume) and we'll get back to you.